The Weland Group invests in wellness
For the Weland Group, our staff is the most important resource. Therefore, the company has launched a wellness initiative for its employees - which will strengthen both health and the community in the workplace. Mattias Andersson and Ida Thunberg, responsible for health initiatives for the Weland Group, explain that there are many positive effects of working actively with wellness.
What is the Weland Group doing to keep its staff healthy and wholesome?
- We are still trying our best, but to reach everyone in the group, we have close contact with each company's wellness manager. Some activities have already taken place in the Group, but the hope is that we will be able to arrange more activities that attract the majority of employees. Some examples that have taken place this spring and autumn within the Group are fitness orienteering, running, tip walks, Nordic walking, counting steps and crossfit.
In what way do wellness initiatives strengthen the community between the companies in the group?
- Mainly, we have created wellness groups that consist of companies that are geographically close to each other and can help each other with activities and thereby build community between the companies.
We see many positive effects of working actively with wellness. As we operate in a group with more than 30 companies, this work is something that intertwines individuals, groups and companies. It also becomes a good topic of conversation in addition to the usual talk and fitness seems to be a hot and interesting topic right now!
Can you tell us a little about the wellness plans linked to larger events for the Weland Group?
- We had 27 teams (135 people) registered for Stafettvasan 2020 and it was carried out with flying colors! Therefore, we are very proud to be able to say that we have 30 teams registered for next year. The goal is for everyone to be able to have fun and for 30 approved teams to finish.
Another major event that we will soon start working on is the Weland Relay 2021. There are five participants in each team and you walk, jog or run your distance. Our hope is that many sign up so we can have a really wonderful day together in true Weland spirit! In addition to the larger events, there are also several smaller projects underway.
What do you do yourself to maintain an active lifestyle, during the working day and in your free time?
- We are probably both those who prefer to take the bike to work and those who often park far from the entrance to the store. We both think it is important to make that kind of choice of path to bring in some everyday exercise. Our tasks are pretty stationary, so we think it is a little extra important to have an active lifestyle. Even if we do not train together, we like both running, roller skiing and skiing in the winter.
What are the Weland Group's overall goals with the wellness investment?
- The most important goal is to get alert and healthy employees. An active lifestyle makes you feel better physically and mentally, you have an an easier time performing well at work and get more energy for family and friends in your free time. In order for the employees to have something to train for, the next big goal is to carry out the Weland relay which will take place in the autumn of 2021. We are really looking forward to that!